"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes and truly see the things that matter most.
Strength comes not from frantic activity, but from being settled on a firm foundation of truth and light.
It comes from paying attention to the divine things that matter most." Elder Uchtdorf


Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sunny Adventures- Summary

Time flies when you're having fun! Oh, where did August go?!? Well, it started out like this...
  • July 31-Aug 2-- Christine went on a 3 day retreat for Provo Canyon School. The first day was just a day hike, and the next two days we backpacked in the high Uintas (in the rain); and it was glorious! I haven't been able to do much backpacking the last two years and I LOVED it! We also did more hiking and some rock climbing. This is the wall I climbed...
  • Week 2 (August 6th) Levi left to sell pest control in San Diego for two weeks... it's hard being a single parent-I just don't know what I'd do without Levi! Gideon missed his Daddy and kept asking for him, but he hung in there like a champ.
  • Week 3 (August 14th) Gideon and I took off for Las Vegas, where we met up with my sister Deana and went to CA for the week. We went to Disneyland and then spent the rest of the week camping at San Clemente beach. SO much fun, and when I write my autobiography, you will get the long version of cleaning, packing, finding hotels in the MIDDLE of the night, riding a bike with no brakes downhill at 3 am, putting up a tent with one broken pole and one missing pole, backing a trailor in and out of small places including parking garages, moving camp after one day, and serious sand rash where I wish my legs didn't rub together! And all this with my 2 year old and 4 of my sister's children (the kids were all rock stars by the way... they fared way better than the two of us, I'm afraid). Levi met us at the beach the last day for some fun in the sun (what a joy and relief)!
  • Week 4 (Aug 20th) We went from CA to St. George (via a night in Vegas) to spend a week with Levi's parents and sister (Allen, DiAnne, and Danielle) at their condo. It was so much fun! We celebrated DiAnne's birthday, hiked, did lots of swimming in the pool, and had an authentic Japanese dinner with his cousins.

  • Week 5 (Aug 27th) We spent three days camping in the high Uintas. Christine's parents stayed for the first two days and we hiked up to see some of the area where Christine went backpacking earlier in the month. SO much fun!

We are so blessed to have so many people who love and take care of us... we LOVE spending time with family and we are so grateful for all of you!

More pictures and stories are coming soon!

No comments: