We went up to Idaho for New Year's this year. While we were there, we went up to Rexburg to the open house of the new temple. I have such a love for Ricks College (that is how I remember it) and Rexburg and I was so excited to see the new temple. It's gorgeous! It sits up on top of the hill where you can see it from almost anywhere in town. The day we went it was about a million degrees below zero (I'm glad Levi was able to experience it, because it's so hard to describe how cold Rexburg really is- there's nothing quite like it!), but they had the tours so well organized, we only had to be in the cold from the parking lot to the stake center and then for pictures. We took Gideon because we didn't have a babysitter, and I was planning on Levi and I taking turns so we wouldn't have to wrestle with him and ruin the experience for everyone else. When we got there, we decided to take him in with us and said a prayer that he would be reverent, feel the spirit of the temple and remember it somehow. He was quiet and behaved the whole time. It was AMAZING! This is the boy who rarely makes it through the blessing on the food. It was a neat experience. I'm glad I was able to share the temple and Rexburg (two of my favorite places) with my husband and son.
While we were in Idaho, Gideon also got to see two of his great-grandmothers...
This is my Dad's mother, Estella Longmore. Grandma Longmore is 97, and has now lived to bless 5 generations with her love and example. This picture represents four generations.
This is my Mom's mother, Utahna Daughs. She and Grandpa Daughs have served missions in Africa and the Philippines... wow! We are glad she now lives in Pocatello where we get to see her more often (not often enough, though).








No comments:
Post a Comment