"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes and truly see the things that matter most.
Strength comes not from frantic activity, but from being settled on a firm foundation of truth and light.
It comes from paying attention to the divine things that matter most." Elder Uchtdorf


Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fourth of July

Where did July go?!? I'll start at the weekend of the Fourth, I guess...

As part of the Freedom Festival festivities, they have a Children's Parade the week before the fourth. It's mostly just kids and families riding bikes and walking the parade route, but they throw LOTS of candy.
G got a piece of candy right in the face- he didn't cry (probably because he was eating candy), but it hit him pretty hard.
Just watching the parade, waiting for more candy- aren't they adorable?!?

Stadium of Fire, sitting on the lawn by the bell tower. I've only missed the fireworks show a handful of times in my whole life... CA, Cleveland, India and Uruguay.

I also went to Center St. in Provo at 6 am to save a place along the parade route in the morning... then my mom and Kaylee and Mary came to hang out until the parade started so I could go home. I really should have gone at 4 or 5 am (I was awake anyway!)... because Center St. was already full. I thought we'd be ok because city ordinance says you can't save places along Center until 5 am, but I think people were there long before that- just in case anyone wants to try it next year...

July 5th my niece Madison was baptized. It was so awesome to have most of the family there for such a special day... isn't she beautiful? These are all the men who participated in the confirmation. What a lucky little girl to be loved so much!

Sunday we blessed our little Joseph. He was really good, and I was glad I could barely squeeze him into his blessing outfit because he looked so cute! I am so grateful the family all came to support us and celebrate the birth and blessing of our little guy... we really have an awesome family and we feel so blessed.

Levi's friend Dave came to participate in the blessing and meet Joseph- thanks, Dave!

No comments: